What is VMware Workstation Pro 14?
VMware Workstation Pro 14 is a desktop virtualization software produced by VMware. It allows users to run multiple virtual machines on a single physical machine, enabling them to simultaneously use different operating systems and applications on the same computer.
Key features of Workstation Pro 14 include the ability to create and run virtual machines compatible with over 200 operating systems, tools for moving and cloning VMs, support for the latest hardware and OS releases, and an intuitive user interface for managing VMs.
Workstation Pro 14 builds on previous versions by adding enhanced security with Trusted Platform Module support, improved networking and graphics performance. Overall, Workstation Pro 14 provides a robust and flexible solution for running multiple VMs for development, testing, education, and other use cases requiring virtualization on the desktop.
- Better Networking – Features like customizable networking with support for DHCP guard, bandwidth shaping, and NAT port forwarding provide more control over VM networking.
- Improved 3D Graphics – Reduced overhead for DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3 games and apps results in better 3D graphics performance. Support for DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.5 as well.
- Networking: NAT, bridged, private VLANs, customizable virtual switches
- Storage: SATA, SCSI, NVMe, IDE, Virtio drives supported
- File Transfers: Drag and drop support, shared folders
- Graphics and Video: 3D graphics with DirectX 10/11 and OpenGL 3.3/4.5 support
- USB Support: USB 2.0/3.0 devices can be connected to VMs
- Snapshots – Lets you take snapshots of VM state and revert back if needed. Helpful for experimentation and recovery.
- Virtual networking – Creates isolated virtual networks. Allows simulate networking scenarios and test configurations.
- Cloning – Quickly duplicate VMs for repetitive testing or development tasks. Saves time rebuilding.
- 3D graphics support – With DirectX/OpenGL support, run 3D games and apps smoothly in VMs.
- Resource intensive – Running multiple VMs can quickly consume host system resources like CPU, memory and disk space. Requires a powerful desktop.
- Cost – The paid Pro version has a high upfront licensing cost compared to free hypervisors. Ongoing licensing also expensive.
- Limited scalability – Only supports a maximum of 15 vCPUs and 64GB RAM per VM. Lacks capabilities for large-scale deployment.
How to download Full Version Product for Windows
At the bottom of this page click on “Download”.
Save the downloaded installer file to your computer.
Before installing, ensure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for VMware Workstation Pro.
Run the installer file and walk through the installation wizard.
When prompted, enter your purchased commercial license key or authorization code. This will unlock the full version.
The installer will automatically download any required dependencies and configuration files needed to enable the full version.
- QEMU – Open source emulator and hypervisor. Very flexible but complex to setup and use.
- Citrix XenServer – Enterprise class hypervisor capable of running many VMs. Free version has limitations.
- Nutanix Xi Frame – Web-based VDI solution accessible through browsers. Limited features compared to Workstation.
- GNOME Boxes – Simple hypervisor built into GNOME desktop environment. Limited functionality but easy to use.
A: Yes, with VMware tools installed in the guest OS, Workstation Pro enables 3D graphics support for applications and games needing DirectX 10/11 or OpenGL 3.3/4.x.
A: You can create VMs for over 200 operating systems including Windows, Linx, BSD, Solaris as well as newer ones like Windows 11 and Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
A: Yes, Workstation Pro supports importing and running VMs created using other VMware platforms like vSphere, Fusion and ESXi. OVF industry standard is also supported.
In conclusion, VMware Workstation Pro 14 is a reliable software for virtualization purposes. With its powerful features and easy-to-use interface, it allows users to create and run multiple virtual machines on a single Windows 10 operating system. The activation process for activate VMware Workstation 14 is straightforward; users simply need to follow the activation wizard and enter the serial key provided.
The software is also compatible with Windows 8.1, allowing seamlessly perform virtualization tasks on both platforms. The editor feature allows to customize their virtual machines according to their specific requirements, including adjusting the base display and screen resolution.
With immediate activation, users can start using VMware Workstation Pro 14 immediately after installation. Overall, VMware Workstation Pro 14 is a reliable and efficient virtualization software with the tools they need to perform their virtualization tasks effectively.